The Hancock-Henderson Quill, Inc.
Special Meeting of CUSD #235 Board of Education
At the Thursday, May 14, 2009 special meeting of the West Central Community Unit School District #235 Board of Education the following items took place:
Board President Brent called the meeting to order at 8:00 p.m. All board members were present at roll call. The meeting was held in the Unit Office Conference Room.
The board approved the tentative amended FY09 budget and directed that it be put on display for 30 days. The amended budget is necessary due to the lack of transportation fund reimbursement from the State of Illinois.
The board entered closed session to discuss matters pertaining to personnel and the lease, purchase or sale of real property at approximately 8:07 p.m.
The board exited closed session at 11:00 p.m. and took the following action:
- Accepted the resignation of Jessica Orris, WCMS math teacher effective at the end of the 2008-09 school year;
- Accepted the retirement of Judy Weyer, WCHS science teacher effective at the end of the 2008-09 school year;
- Approved the employment of Byron Helt, WCMS science teacher;
- Approved the retirement of Teresa Adair as part-time school psychologist;
- Approved the employment of Amy Chandler as a classroom associate beginning with the 2009-10 school year;
- Approved the employment of Matthew Schaidle as a WCHS science teacher;
- Approved the employment of Michelle Linden as WCHS Spanish teacher;
- Approved the employment of Ty Bailey as the north campus head custodian effective June 1, 2009. Mr. Bailey will continue his duties as the high school day custodian.
- Approved the employment of Debbie Spiker as the elementary day custodian;
- Approved the resignation of Dick Goff as WCMS boys basketball coach.
The board was reminded that their next meeting date is Wednesday, May 20, 2009. This meeting will begin at 7 p.m. and be held in the elementary cafeteria.
There being no other business to come before the board, the board adjourned the special meeting at approximately 11:08 p.m.